Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Administrivial pursuit

A couple weeks ago, I started a new blogroll (the list of links in the sidebar to other people's blogs, for the blilliterate) using the shiny new Blogger tools. The new blogroll is the one with the heading "Blogjammin'" on the right-hand side of the page. Incidentally, if you caught the reference in that heading title, then you win the Karl Hungus Award for Obscure Movie Reference Catching. (It's from The Big Lebowski, for non-Karl-Hungus-Award-winners.)

Anyway, in another couple-two-tree weeks, I'm going to delete my old blogroll (the one labeled "Your time would be better spent at:"), which has grown all long and out of control like that one crazy eyebrow hair.

Some of the blogs in the old blogroll haven't been updated since before the Internet was invented. Some of them once linked here before their owners came to their senses, and now they leave me with painful, unrequited linkage. But some of them are still active and updated by very cool people, so I hope that if those very cool people are reading this, they'll drop me a comment or an email to let me know that they'd like to be added to the new blogroll.

I couldn't think of a better way to decide which links to move to the new blogroll, and this will help me keep the new one neatly trimmed and current with awesome dudes who actually give somewhat of a Shatner that I'm linking to their blogs. Awesome? Awesome. Thanks, homepeople.

Oh, and if you click the new link in the sidebar to be added as a follower of this blog, all the awful things from the bottom of your chain emails will not happen to you. At least I hope not. I'll be pulling for you, is my point.

9 comments:

  1. Damn, I guess I won't be kissed by my true love in the next 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored to be on your blogjammin' list... damn, now I've got to actually post something (meaning actually writing something rather than post some crappy YouTube video of a cat in a bucket (then again, cats in buckets are pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You can imagine what Mike will do next!"

    "Fix the cable?"

    Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally floored and honored to hold one of the coveted Blogjammin' spots. I have arrived! woohoo.

    I loved your comment on my blog when we were experiencing the puppy pooping problems. 4 gallons of barf from a 35lb puppy IS quite impressive! You win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, sir, may I have some more?

    (Sycophancy available on demand)

    J.A.P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miiiiiiike. Yeah, uh. I was MEANING to list you in my blogroll, like, AGES ago. But, you know. My battery died, and then, -- it's hilarious, I know -- I actually LOST my computer, and uh. I had to. Call it. To find it. YOu know.

    Anyways, man. You were always first in my blogheart, just not in my blogbrain. Oddly, I've been reading you just as regularly since I somehow dropped your link from my site (which was by accident, and totally my bad. It's telling I don't even use my own links.) I've corrected my greivous error, just fyi. You know. In case any of MY readers are stalkers, you'll have someone to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allover -- Dude, it's been 48 hours since your comment. Any luck?

    Chris -- Hey man, it doesn't get any better than a cat in a bucket. Also, that would make a good start to a Limerick. There once was a cat in a bucket...

    Isaac -- Nicely done. You just out-obscured me.

    Sheri -- Woo hoo! You know you're a permanent VIP around here. Hope the puppy poop thing has Resolved itself. Or Zouted. Or Formula 409'd.

    JAP -- More sycophancy! And while you're at it, more cowbell!

    Kimu -- Hey, globetrotter! Awesome to hear from you. You've now been properly blogjammed. You can put that on your list of accomplishments, somewhere near seeing more of the world than Magellan. Hope your trip home goes smoothly, and I look forward to much more lurking over at the Fray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, Mikey, you like me! You really, really like me!

    As always, you made my day little almost brother....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Anne -- Rock on, dude. Glad you're still posting. Good to hear from you, as always.

    Everyone else -- Just drop me a line if you'd like me to toss a link to you onto the new blogroll. Even if you weren't on the old one. Just wanted to make sure that the folks on there actually wanted to be on there. Word.

    ReplyDelete